Sunday, May 23, 2010

Horseradish!

We have a small clump of horseradish in the garden.  We've tried processing it on several occasions, but had trouble getting the consistency just right, before the fumes chase you out of the house.  Thanks to Eugenia Bone, at Well Preserved, I finally got it right.
I honestly planned to photograph the whole process, but apparently a child felt they needed the camera more than I did, so that didn't work out for me.  I did, however end up with 3 half pint containers of fresh horseradish, with a minimal amount of discomfort.
I'm fixing pork chops for dinner and J always likes a dab of horseradish to go with them.  I'm also going to make a batch of deviled eggs with just a little mixed into them, as well.
As for the rest of the week, my schedule is packed with training and end of the school year events, so most meals need to be pretty easy.

Monday:  I won't be home for dinner so it's Hamburger Helper.  I think it's disgusting, but J and the kids love it.
Tuesday:  Flank Steak and Shitake Stir Fry with Jasmine Rice
Wednesday: Herb and Cheese Stuffed Chicken and Spinach Salad
Thursday:  Potato Soup
Saturday: Beer Can Chicken
Sunday: Memorial Day Cookout

Check out Meal Planning Mondays at The Organizing Junkie For More Ideas

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving your note. I got my dutch oven for christmas this year and am really excited to learn how to use it and would love some tips and recipes :)

    ReplyDelete