Friday, August 20, 2010

Healthy Lunches Part II





School has begun and I'm happy to report we're all packing healthy lunches (so far.) I purchased several bento boxes on e-bay. They are not big, so they are great for portion control.
Chicken Salad with Apples, Hard Boiled Egg, Pickles, Olives and Baby Corn
Smoked Salmon Spread, Vegies, Grapes, Blueberries, Wasabi-Soy Almonds, Crackers
This fun hamburger bento box caused my children to actually fight over who was going to pack a lunch. I would have bought them years ago if I had realized, it doesn't matter what you pack, just what you pack it in!
Cheese, Carrots with Ranch, Celery with Peanut Butter in the Hamburger Box. Crackers and a Cookie packed seperately
Breakfast in a box: Yogurt and Fresh Peaches

Hopefully this trend will continue. I would like to see the kids (and myself) pack healthy, tasty lunches most days of the week. So far so good.
The kids do not have access to a microwave. What kinds of cold lunches lunches do you pack?

1 comment:

  1. We don't pack lunches yet. Grace is just 16 months old! I bought some bentos on ebay about a year ago...just started using them now for snacks in the diaper bag.

    Just wanted to warn you.....do not leave them in the car. We left Grace's diaper bag in the car because we didn't need it at that moment. Later when I opened the bento, it and the food smelled like plastic! It didn't smell like that prior to heating up in the car.

    I've since switched to packing her food in small pyrex containers.

    ReplyDelete