Sunday, May 15, 2011

Produce Basket Menu May 14 - 22

Hopefully I have found ways to use up all the great fruits and vegetables I received in my basket Saturday morning. Even my husband was excited and made suggestions for meals that would include our basket items.


I used most of the blackberries for canning blackberry jam. Saturday night we had BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans, and grilled sourdough slices. Sunday morning I got up and made chiliquiles, a Mexican breakfast dish I fell in love with while on vacation. I made salsa verde for my chiliquiles, but could have used a red sauce.




We're really looking forward to this week's menu.




Sunday: Steak Tacos, Mexican Rice, and Blackberry Lemon Pudding Cake

Monday: BLT's and Sweet Potato Fries

Tuesday: Beef and and Vegetable Pot Pie

Wednesday: Spicy Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers, Rice Pilaf

Thursday: Slow cooker Red Beans and Rice, Salad

Friday: Dinner out for Friend's Birthday

Saturday: Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa and leftover Red Beans and Rice

Sunday: Grilled Pork Chops with Homemade Apple Sauce and Parmesan Noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment