Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Menu July 12 - 18

With the holiday and continuing computer issues, I did not post a menu last week. I did stretch the meals I cooked as far as I could.
I grilled a whole, cut up chicken, saving the back and neck for stock. I picked the leftover chicken and served in on greens from the garden (yeah!) hardboiled eggs and homemade dressing. I roasted the back and neck, along with the bones I saved after pulling the meat, before putting them in the pot to simmer for stock. After I strained the broth and divided it into 2 cup portions for the freezer, I cleaned the rest of the chicken from the back, wings and any other bones that still had any meat on them. This meat was heated up with salsa and turned into chicken quesadillas.
I also cooked a roast in the crock pot for French dip sandwiches. We used all the stock left for jus to dip the sandwiches, so I pulled an oxtail from the freezer and simmered it to make a rich beef broth and added the leftover roast and various vegies I had in the fridge to make a big pot of vegetable beef soup. We had it for dinner and some of the leftovers for lunch. The rest I froze for an quick dinner option, probably when I have forgotten to pull anything from the freezer.

Menu July 12 -18
Monday: Fish and chips
Tuesday: Grilled pork chops, homemade apple sauce, garden salad
Wednesday: We're going to the rodeo, so we'll be eating Fair Food!
Thursday: Stuffed Peppers
Friday: Grilled chicken sandwiches, garden salad and fruit
Saturday: Braised beef ribs
Sunday: Dinner at Mom's.

Pictures and links wil return when I upgrade my computer. That has to happen before school starts again.

For more menus check out the Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment