Wednesday, June 30, 2010

MPM on Wednesday

This week's Menu was planned by Saturday, but not posted until today because I'm having computer issues. My focus for this week's menu was to plan a frugal menu which is ironic, since it looks like I need to start saving for a new computer.
I took inventory of what I had on had and planned my meals around that, instead of what was in the weekly sale ads. I also tried to incorporate ingredient that could be used in more than one recipe. If I were truly dedicated to a frugal menu I would bake bread, but it finally turned into summer and I can't bring myself to turn on the oven when it's over 90 degrees outside.

Breakfast this week will be the standards: cereal, oatmeal, fruit plus homemade yogurt and banana bread since I had bananas that didn't get used in a timely manner. Packed lunches for myself and John will consist of leftovers. On the days I'm working the kids can make sandwiches, soup, or mac n cheese.

Monday:
L: Picnic at the park with the kids egg salad sandwiches, chips and strawberry lemonade (from concentrate I canned during Christmas break)
D: Roast Pork Sandwiches, Tossed Salad
Tuesday:
D: Southwestern Cobb Salad (similar to regular Cobb salad, but with kidney beans, salsa and queso fresco)
Wednesday:
Country Style Ribs, Cole Slaw, Sweet Potatoes
Thursday:
Fettucine with Shrimp and Bacon, Tossed Salad
Friday:
L: Tuna Salad Sandwiches
D: Fish Tacos, Red Rice
Saturday:
L: Quesadillas
D: French Dip Sandwiches, Homemade French Fries

The ingredients I needed to purchase for this week's menu came to just under $40. I probably could have cut this a little bit more but for the sake of variety I chose to add sweet potatoes, and I large variety of fruit for breakfast and snacks.
Sorry I didn't post lots of links. Technology is not currently my friend!

Check out the Organizing junkie for more great menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment