Friday, July 29, 2011

Good Mornings

I am not a morning person. I'd really like to be, but I don't expect that will ever happen. To get ready for back to school, I've tried to find ways to make school day mornings a little less stressful. Muffins will do for a quick breakfast in a pinch, but I prefer fruit, yogurt, or an egg. As hard as I try, I can't seem to make the time to fix a hot breakfast, and often finding a minute to sit and eat a container of yogurt is beyond me.
I have had a surplus of fresh fruit from my co-op basket so I used some of it to make advance preparations for back to school.
I cut up a banana, some mango, nectarines, and strawberries and put them in individual baggies and stashed them in the freezer. I can use these portions to make breakfast smoothies in a snap on busy mornings. With a little planning ahead, I can even put everything into the blender in the fridge the night before. With minimal effort on busy school day mornings, I'll have a healthy, portable breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment