Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu Plan Dec 27 thru Jan 2 No Shopping Challenge

I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas. We enjoyed spending time with our family and eating way too much!
School is out until January 10, so I will be at home. I've decided to challenge myself to use only what I have on hand for meal planning for the next two weeks. I will need to pick up milk and eggs and I ran out of garlic powder during the holidays ,and while I could live without it, I'd rather not.
I did an inventory of my freezer and pantry and it appears I may have more stuff than the grocery store! In the pantry, I have lots of pasta, beans and rice and canned tomatoes. I also have a broad selection of Asian staples. I have a huge addiction to Pacific Ocean Asian Market in Denver, and usually spend a small fortune there every time I visit. The freezer is well stocked with chicken. I'm down to mostly roasts and round steaks left from my beef, and a few odd cuts of pork and pork sausage. I also have 1 turkey and assorted frozen vegetables. I have plenty of potatoes and onions, as well as some apples and squash. In the fridge, I have some root vegetables, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, assorted cheeses and plenty of condiments like mustard, ketchup, horseradish, salsa, etc.
Since the kids will be home all week, I have included breakfast, lunch and dinner in my meal plan this week. We will be butchering more chicken this week so I planned a couple of quick, but hardy breakfast and lunches. It looks like the weather will be quite cold on the days we will be out at the ranch.

Monday:
Bake French loaves
B - Fresh Fruit Salad (leftover from Christmas morning)
L - White Chicken Chili (from soup mix)
D - Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna with Garlic Toast

Tuesday:
B - Apple Cider Oatmeal
L - Chicken Salad Sandwiches
D - Stir Fried Pork with Napa Cabbage, Potsickers, and Rice (substituting pork ribs)

Wednesday:
Bake sandwich bread, make noodles
B - Biscuits and Gravy
L - Tuna Melts
D - Swiss Steak, Mashed Potatoes

Thursday:
Butchering Day
B - Rice Pudding
L- Turkey Noodle Soup (soup from freezer with homemade noodles added)
D- Macaroni and Cheese with Salmon Patties

Friday:
Butcher Day II
B - Eggs Poached in Milk on Toast
L - Leftover Mac-n-Cheese
D - Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Onions

Saturday:
B - Pancakes
L/D BBQ Pork Shoulder we will be taking to our oldest son's housewarming party

Sunday:
B - Eggs, Sausage, Fried Potatoes
L/D Football = Munchies All Day

How many meals could you cook before you needed to visit the grocery store?

Visit the organizing junkie for more MPM menus and recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment