Saturday, January 8, 2011

menu plan interrupted

This week's menu hit a snag Wednesday when we decided to finally install tile in the kitchen. A friend who installs flooring for a living had offered to help us, but his work load wasn't allowing him any free time. As with any DIY project a two day project turned into four days and the kitchen was out of commission for most of that time. I thought about pulling some things to put in the crock pot, but with limited access to the sink, (I refuse to wash dishes in the same bathtub where people wash their feet) I opted for take out or eating out.
We microwaved leftovers, the kids were thrilled that we got to order pizza, we had Mexican food (Snapper a la Vercruzana for me) and Chinese take out.
Laying tile is a ridiculous amount of work, but I love the finished product. I can't wait to cook a meal in my "new" kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment