Thursday, June 10, 2010

Budget Gardening

I love to garden.  I also love free stuff.  This year my garden is full of free stuff.  One of the seventh grade classes where I work grew vegetable starts to give to the staff.  I received peppers and cherry tomatoes.  
My Mom called this weekend and her raspberry bushes had outgrown their space and were blocking the gate.  I dug up the offending canes (and weeded her flower garden.)  I also dug up some columbines that had volunteered outside of the bed and thinned her chives.
We've had some cool days since I transplanted the raspberries so I hope they'll take hold.  The chives and columbines already look like they are adjusting.

Woodrow loves to help in the garden.  Unfortunately, he is best at digging holes.
My columbines were already blooming.  Several of the transplants had buds, hopefully they will bloom this season, too
I ran out of room in the garden so the peppers found a home on the patio.
Transplanted raspberries

Big bucket o' raspberry, chive and columbine.

No comments:

Post a Comment