Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu June 14-21

In Wyoming, if you don't like the weather, usually you just have to wait 15 minutes.  Last week it was 4 days of rain and cold.  My menu plan heavy on grilling, not to mention, lovely dinners on the patio, went out the window.  Cool weather makes me want to cook.  And that's what I did.  I made a big pot of red chili on Thursday night with apple and cheddar beer bread.  Friday I stuffed acorn squash with apples and chicken and apple sausage.  Saturday I made crepes, and remembered to take pictures!  Saturday I filled the crepes with leftover chicken, mushrooms, and a cream sauce.  Sunday morning I filled the crepes with maple flavored marscapone and topped them with strawberry sauce and fried apples (I bought a big bag of apples.)  Thank goodness the rain has stopped!  Diet, I've missed you.

Crepe in the pan
Crepe batter
BBQ spice rub, blended in the spice grinder

My DH had his heart set on smoking ribs Sunday, so I made BBQ rub and let him stand out in the rain and tend to his smoker.

This weeks menu is every bit as set in stone as last weeks and follows:

Monday:  Grilled Pork Chops, Steamed Cauliflower, Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Tuesday: Beer Can Chicken, Spinach Salad  (rubbed with BBQ spice above)
Wednesday: Spaghetti, Garlic Toast, Salad (sauce from the freezer)
Thursday: Fish and Chips, Coleslaw
Friday: Steak Salad, Dinner Rolls (leftover steak frozen from last week)
Saturday: House Warming Party for Friends
Sunday: Braised Beef Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans with Bacon

Need more ideas?  Visit Laura at organizing junkie for more MPM

3 comments:

  1. Haha! That's what they say about the weather here in Spokane too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you will get to grill this week! What a crazy few days that was weather wise. I think my grass grew a foot from all the rain.

    The crepes look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to nice weather this week. Got in about a 5 mile walk and stayed dry the whole time!
    That was my first attempt at crepes and they turned out pretty well, of I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete